Forman MotorWorks is excited to present for sale this rare and pristine 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R. Only 300 of these street-legal race cars were built by Ford’s Special Vehicle Team Department. This is car number 164. Of the 300 built, it is known that a substantial number of them were raced, wrecked, or modified. It has original paint, and is completely unmodified. Other than 8 small paint bubbles on the hood, the car is in immaculate condition throughout. The bubbles are caused by a well-known defect in the manufacturing of the hood. Once hot, the paint is known to blister. This Cobra R has clearly never been raced or abused and would be a perfect addition to a Mustang enthusiast’s garage.
A powerful 5.4 Liter Double Overhead Cam, 32valve V8 produces (a most like under-rated) 385hp and 385 ft/lb torque. SVT Cobra R’s were packed full of real deal race car components and weight-saving exclusions like no back seat, stereo, air conditioning, or sound insulation. Performance numbers are impressive, even today. This high strung piece of machinery will run the quarter mile in 13.2 seconds on its way to a top speed of 175mph. It pulls 1.02 g’s on the skidpad and will come to a complete stop from 70mph in 160 feet.
- 5.4 liter, DOHC 32 valve V8 with Aluminum Heads
- 385 bhp @ 6250 rpm, 385 lb.-ft. @ 4250 rpm
- Tremec T-6 6-Speed Manual Transmission
- Aluminum Drive Shaft
- McLeod Aluminum Flywheel
- K&N Cylindrical Air Filter
- Bassani X-Pipe with Borla Mufflers and Dual Side-Exit Exhausts
- MacPherson & Bilstein Struts with Eibach Springs
- Independent Rear Suspension
- 13 in. Vented Brembo Front Brake Discs with 4-Piston Calipers
- 18” Cast-Aluminum Wheels
- Bosch Anti-Lock Braking System
- Fuel Safe Fuel Cell
- Removable Front Splitter & CART Inspired Rear Wing
- B&M Ripper Shifter with Leather Wrapped Shift Knob
- Tilt Steering Wheel
- Recaro Seats
- 180 MPH Speedometer
- Power Windows, Mirrors, Door Locks
- Remote Keyless Entry
This car has been properly stored and maintained its entire life. The buyer will receive the original books and manuals and a comprehensive Cobra R binder with literature, magazines, and spec sheets from SVT.
Please give me a call if you would like to discuss this very special Cobra R in more detail. I am also happy to assist with vehicle transport service as I have access to many reliable transport companies, most with whom I have done business with over the past several years. Thanks!